It's another video, followed by a link-dump. I'm ready for the season to start, please.
- It's Jason Maxiell vs. Shane Battier in Hoops Addict's Floor Burn Tournament Finals. Do you vote for the Zoo Crew or Birmingham's favorite son? I'm pulling for The Putback King, but I'll be happy either way.
- Huge tip of the hat to Need4Sheed for unearthing an awesomely 80's John Salley commercial. Also, what was Isiah Thomas doing selling cars for Toyota in 1991?
- FOX Sports recently ranked the top 10 players most likely to improve in 2008-09. Rodney Stuckey didn't only make the cut, he got top honors.
- Speaking of lists, my FanHouse colleague Tom Ziller is ranking the NBA's Top 50, revealing two a day. Given the dearth of NBA news these days, you can do a lot worse than making TZ's wit and wisdom part of your daily routine, so bookmark that link and check back often.
- And speaking of FanHouse colleagues, kudos to Will Brinson, Eamonn Brennan, Jon Bois and (former colleague) Ryan Corazza for launching the new MOUTHPIECE blog.
- And since we're now completely off-topic, DBB reader Mike Payne wants to give you a copy of Madden NFL 09. I'm curious what Tatum Bell's fumble rating will be, because the guy has some pretty sticky hands.
- Back to basketball: CSKA Moscow wants to throw money at Ben Gordon. No real reason to think he'll take it, but here's to hoping he does. (via Blogabull)