Rick Osentoski-US PRESSWIRE
Here's a Morning Shootaround in the early afternoon to get you right before Wednesday night's preseason game against the Minnesota Timberwolves in Winnipeg, Canada.
No offense to Garrett Elliott and our other Canadian readers, but I'm not exactly sure why the Pistons are in Canada tonight, because they aren't playing the Toronto Raptors. I guess Minnesota is close enough to being Canada that the NBA figured they might as well toss a game Winnipeg's way while the NHL is all locked out. Okay, seriously, here's the real reason. It's a good thing. ... Except there won't be any television broadcast.
Layup Lines with Kyle Singler:
- Here's a grizzled Larry Frank addressing the team after Saturday's win against the Bobcats. It looks like he doesn't know what to do with his hands.
- Here's an athletic Andre Drummond dunking on the Bobcats.
- In addition to Flynn and Williams getting clipped on Monday, the Pistons exercised the options on Greg Monroe and Brandon Knight:
Monroe is eligible to negotiate a long-term contract with the Pistons after this season.
Options for 2013-14 season. Knight third year for nearly $2.8 mill, Monroe fourth years for $4 mill.— Vincent Ellis (@Vincent_Ellis56) October 22, 2012
Shootaround the NBA:
- Grant Hill could miss significant time with the Clippers.
- Dwight Howard incorrectly thinks he should've won DPOY last year.
- Rick Carlisle on the Mavs' recent turnover problems:
"We're doing it every way you can do it,'' Carlisle said before Monday's game against the New Orleans Hornets. "If we were a sex manual it'd be a best-seller.''Now, your thoughts.