No offense to Garrett Elliott and our other Canadian readers, but I'm not exactly sure why the Pistons are in Canada tonight, because they aren't playing the Toronto Raptors. I guess Minnesota is close enough to being Canada that the NBA figured they might as well toss a game Winnipeg's way while the NHL is all locked out. Okay, seriously, here's the real reason. It's a good thing. ... Except there won't be any television broadcast.
Layup Lines with Kyle Singler:
- Here's a grizzled Larry Frank addressing the team after Saturday's win against the Bobcats. It looks like he doesn't know what to do with his hands.
- Here's an athletic Andre Drummond dunking on the Bobcats.
- In addition to Flynn and Williams getting clipped on Monday, the Pistons exercised the options on Greg Monroe and Brandon Knight:
Monroe is eligible to negotiate a long-term contract with the Pistons after this season.
Options for 2013-14 season. Knight third year for nearly $2.8 mill, Monroe fourth years for $4 mill.— Vincent Ellis (@Vincent_Ellis56) October 22, 2012
Shootaround the NBA:
- Grant Hill could miss significant time with the Clippers.
- Dwight Howard incorrectly thinks he should've won DPOY last year.
- Rick Carlisle on the Mavs' recent turnover problems:
"We're doing it every way you can do it,'' Carlisle said before Monday's game against the New Orleans Hornets. "If we were a sex manual it'd be a best-seller.''Now, your thoughts.