Rick Osentoski-US PRESSWIRE
Allows fans access to play-by-play and real-time stats as well as exclusive video, promotions and social media interactions.
The Detroit Pistons have announced the release of their own mobile app featuring play-by-play, real-time stats, exclusive video and more.
Since Tom Gores bought the team, and especially since he brought in Dennis Mannion as president of the Pistons and the Palace Sports & Entertainment, has talked about improving the fan experience. One of the biggest ways he has pledged to do so is via improvements in technology and social media.
The new mobile app will attempt to give fans at the Palace and elsewhere easy access to all the information they want while watching the Pistons play.
From the Pistons website:
Follow in-game action LIVE. Stay up to date with the latest breaking news from the Pistons. See what to watch for in tonight's Match Up. Select from one of our video channels and watch everything that goes into making a Pistons season. If you want VIP access to the Pistons, this app is for you!
- Live In-Game updates with Box Score / Play-by-Play / Player Stats
- Pistons player bios with personal info, action photos and updated stats
- Video from the Pistons lockerroom, behind-the-scenes features, plus pre and post-game reactions
- Up-to-the-minute Pistons News, Photos and Standings
- Photo galleries from Pistons games and events
- Interactive game Schedule, allowing you to buy Pistons tickets from within your app
- Access to Pistons Promotions, including tickets, merchandise, concessions and more
- Social media: Aggregated Pistons Twitter timeline and follow everything #Pistons. Sign-in with your Twitter or FB and join the conversation all within your app
- Custom Settings: Set your own Preferences for In-Game and Pistons notifications, provide Feedback on the app, and check out our FAQs