Larry Frank is getting ready for the Big Dance in March. (Photo by Chris Trotman/Getty Images)
Franking is the Lawrence Frank version of planking, the
lying down losing game. If it looks, feels, and rhymes with tanking, it's probably... something or other, right? Ironically, Larry Frank is one of the few still showing some pulse. Maybe it's his own little stamp in shielding the truth of contrived horror; maybe it's his hair.
Seriously, the Pistons might be a Walker Russell start away from confirming that they are in fact tanking to land more lottery balls, less eyebrows. Or maybe Brandon Knight is the poop in the pudding. Whatever is going on, my blind homer in me hopes crazy carl mcflies is right.
As for an actual recap on this game? Upchucking bullets after the jump
- Greg Monroe had his 11th double-double of the season with 13 points and 12 rebounds. It was his 5th straight which breaks the 4 straight he had twice last season. He also had 4 steals and 6 turnovers (5 of the Pistons' 13 in the first half).
- Jonas Jerebko scored 15 points in 15 minutes. Maybe he was playing just a little too good?
- Box score
- Pistons had more shot opportunities thanks to a rebounding advantage, but the Knicks took advantage of 22 Pistons turnovers and 60-percent shooting.
- Tayshaun Prince led the team with 13 shot attempts. Less than half went in.
- Vernon Macklin's per 36 (roughly): 12 points and 12 rebounds
- Ben Wallace doesn't get talked about enough, so here's a quote from Big Ben:
- In that same link above, Stuckey and Prince say the ball is not moving.
- I wish Austin Daye wasn't such a bad ball handler, so timid and soft.
- This was the Pistons' sixth straight loss. It's a real bottom-dweller battle between Detroit, Washington, Charlotte and New Orleans.
- That's not it, FSD:
Roll Call: Sean_Corp, Mike Payne, JoeDip, -PS-, aussiepiston, JWurm, brgulker, mcflies, tads, revken, V., C$, The Boourns, MrHappyMushroom, Supa Dupe, Shinons*, waulie, Kriz, curlyfries, Skylar, Kruza, Toledo Joe, Packey, heWizard, freywagg, Ra's Head, Fadel, dandresden, BandWagonerPaysTheDues, thesiberian, NepaliBoy, Birdman84, riise, He-Man, bonerici, Trout Jefferson, TDP, WaveOcean
Total Users: 38
Total Posts: 417
Total Threads: 1
Name # of Posts The Boourns 90 Skylar 45 dandresden 42 Mike Payne 20 heWizard 19 V. 17 Kriz 17 BandWagonerPaysTheDues 15 MrHappyMushroom 15 Packey 14 Trout Jefferson 13 mcflies 11 thesiberian 11 Kruza 10 Ra's Head 10 Toledo Joe 8 JWurm 7 curlyfries 6 tads 5 -PS- 4 Sean_Corp 4 WaveOcean 4 Shinons* 4 NepaliBoy 3 freywagg 3 JoeDip 3 TDP 2 aussiepiston 2 riise 2 Fadel 2 waulie 2 He-Man 1 bonerici 1 brgulker 1 Supa Dupe 1 C$ 1 revken 1 Birdman84 1
"In this league, unfortunately, sometimes, when you’re struggling, you get guys who want to take the load on their shoulders, which may not be the best thing for the team," Ben Wallace said. "But you can’t not let those guys not go out and play their game. Right now, we’re just not playing well as a team. There’s no one spot I can point a finger at and say, ‘We’ve got to get better at this,’ or, ‘We’ve got to get better at that.’ "
Jonas Jerebko scored 15 points and Greg Monroe had 13 points and 12 rebounds for the Pistons (4-19), who lost their sixth straight and are struggling to even be competitive while playing without Ben Gordon, Charlie Villanueva and Will Bynum.