This Chinese American point guard who sleeps on his brother's couch is all the talk of the airwaves and L-internet. Have people no regard for this streaking team in Detroit that has churned out FOUR straight wins against powerhouse teams, like, Milwaukee, New Orleans, New Jersey, and, uh, New Jersey? (Even the Pistons are caught up in the #Linsanity -- after the win, they watched Jeremy Lin go off for 38 against Kobe in their state of the art locker room.)
So, it's not the greatest four-game winning streak in Pistons history and it may very well be shaving the unibrow, but Pistons fans have to admit that this has been kind of exciting, seeing the Pistons players gel and clearly having fun for the first time in a long time. It may continue, too, as the Pistons take on the five-win Washington Wizards on Sunday.
It's the longest winning streak for the Pistons since December 2009 and Friday night's 17-point win was their largest margin of victory this season. It also marked the first time the Pistons surpassed the elusive 100 points during regulation.
Greg Monroe picked up his 15th double-double of the season with 18 points on 8-for-9 shooting and 11 rebounds. Rodney Stuckey and Brandon Knight combined to shoot 11-for-17, good for 32 points, and each had five assists. Knight also had seven rebounds.
Nothing to see here anymore. A little more after the jump:
- Pistons being noticed???
- Jonas Jerebko was awesome: He had 20 points on 7-for-13 shooting with four rebounds in 25 minutes off the bench.
- Four babies eaten by Jason Maxiell.
- Via MLIVE (that's how you do that, btw):
several season-best marks for efficiency, including opponents' first-quarter scoring (tying the low of 15), opponents' first-half scoring (33), largest lead of the season (30 points) and best field-goal percentage (54.4). The Pistons scored 100 points in regulation for the first time, outrebounded the Nets 55-36, and moved the ball admirably again, with 25 assists on 43 field goals.
- Pistons trailed 7-0 but then went on a 12-0 run and the Nets never got closer than five the rest of the game.
- The Pistons are five games out of the No. 8 seed ... just sayin'
- The Pistons had 25 assists two nights after accumulating a season-high 29 and they shot 54-percent from the floor while holding the Nets to 42-percent.
- Box Score
- Roll Call: The Boourns, C$, garrettelliott, V., waulie, Toledo Joe, dandresden, CheerstoLilWayne, jonathan.onne, JoeDip, Kriz, MrHappyMushroom, CHayden, Balibago, Mike Payne, Skylar, heWizard, Rusty_Shackleford, OK from J, bugman222, aussiepiston, Lemins, Trout Jefferson, n8dogg606, curlyfries, blubomber17, Reno09, millsgiles, gordbrown, mcflies, Dynamizer, JohnAbruzzi, halfbackattack33, Dragonite, Packey, DBB Diablo
Total Users: 36
Total Posts: 280
Total Threads: 1
Name # of Posts CheerstoLilWayne 36 Trout Jefferson 32 dandresden 26 Dragonite 22 OK from J 21 Dynamizer 16 mcflies 14 bugman222 12 V. 10 Lemins 10 curlyfries 9 Toledo Joe 7 aussiepiston 6 waulie 5 garrettelliott 5 The Boourns 4 Rusty_Shackleford 4 JoeDip 4 Mike Payne 4 gordbrown 3 Packey 3 JohnAbruzzi 3 n8dogg606 3 Reno09 3 Skylar 3 jonathan.onne 2 DBB Diablo 2 heWizard 2 Kriz 2 halfbackattack33 1 C$ 1 CHayden 1 blubomber17 1 millsgiles 1 MrHappyMushroom 1 Balibago 1