Let's do this in a form of questions:
1) Was an Ellis/Jennings backcourt really the vision that John Hammond had for his team?
2) Ekpe Udoh and Kwame Brown are going to replace Andrew Bogut (injured or not)?
3) Is this really all that Bogut is worth?
4) Is John Hammond turning into Joe Dumars?
5) Would Ben Gordon + Maxiell + a swap of 1st rounder not be more valuable to Hammond than Ellis, Udoh, and Kwame Brown?
6) WHAT THE FUCK?
Honestly, I once thought John Hammond may have been the brains behind the Pistons success but this trade after the Gooden signing among others, makes me wonder whether he and Dumars literally just won the lottery with their prior team.
Lets consider this...Hammond no longer has a Center on his team aside from Larry Sanders. Instead, he now has an under-sized SG to go along with his shoot-first PG in Brandon Jennings. Let's just assume that Ellis and Bogut are a wash. That means that Hammond just traded Stephen Jackson, who will be an expiring next year, for Kwame Brown and Ekpe Udoh? I'd contend that Jackson's expiring contract next year is worth more than Brown's expiring this year + Udoh.
I'd also contend that offering up our 1st rounder as a swap for Milwaukee's this year + Gordon + Maxiell is a better package for Jackson and Bogut than what the Warriors just gave them. Am I crazy or is Hammond?
Also, Golden State could make the western conference playoff situation more interesting if Curry and Bogut can come back healthy...
Stephen Jackson (already a fan favorite in GS)
Not a bad starting lineup. I feel like Hammond got hosed. Now your thoughts.
FanPosts are user-created posts from the Detroit Bad Boys community and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of all fans or the staff at DBB. The DBB staff reserves the right at any time to edit the contents of FanPosts as they reasonably see fit.