The last time the Pistons played the Bobcats, Will Bynum had to hit a late three to force overtime before the Pistons pulled away in a home win. On the heels of a pair of losses by a combined 53 points and entering the last leg of a four-game road trip, I was fully expecting at least a similarly close match up between Detroit and the NBA's worst team. I would not have been surprised with a loss even. But Lawrence Frank had the team ready to play and the game was quite the opposite of close, as the Pistons flew home with a 24-point win, 109-85.
The Pistons never trailed and led by as many as 36 before putting in Charlie Villanueva for the final five garbo minutes. Greg Monroe -- wanting more portions -- scored 25 points and pulled down 11 rebounds in just over 26 minutes. Boss. Brandon Knight scored 21, dished out seven assists and had three steals in 28-plus minutes. And Jason Maxiell added 17 on a perfect night from the field in just under 20 minutes. If you take out Prince's ill-advised team-high 14 shots and the Pistons shot 59-percent for the game.
If only the Pistons played the Bobcats every game, they'd be the best team in the NBA.
- The Pistons scored 109, 110 and 109 against the Bobcats in their last three games. They swept the series this season (4-0).
- The Bobcats have lost 14 straight games. That's how you tank.
- While Stuckey had an off-night shooting, he did have seven assists in his 27 and a half minutes.
- MOOSE AND-ONE JAM. HAWT.
- Knight steal, then Knight to Moose for the oooooop.
- Greg Monroe picked up his 27th double-double of the season.
- How great was Grant Hill as a rookie?
Jason Maxiell was 8-8 vs CHA. It's the 2nd-best perfect shooting game this season by an NBA player (Derrrick Brown 10-10 vs BOS)— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) April 13, 2012
- Where was Macklin? I thought we were going to see some of him.
- 56-32 Pistons on points in the paint. 21-10 on the fast break.
- Pistons have three at home now before going back to Atlanta next Wednesday (I'll be at the game!). They close season with six out of remaining eight at home.
- Box Score
Roll Call: CheerstoLilWayne, V., brgulker, Fadel, gordbrown, Kriz, Trout Jefferson, Toledo Joe, Shinons*, Packey, -PS-, curlyfries, garrettelliott, Mike Payne, Danny D, Supa Dupe, JoeDip, Rusty_Shackleford, joejoejoe, The Boourns
Total Users: 20
Total Posts: 57
Total Threads: 1
Name # of Posts Kriz 8 -PS- 8 Shinons* 6 CheerstoLilWayne 5 V. 4 Trout Jefferson 4 Packey 3 brgulker 3 gordbrown 3 Supa Dupe 2 Mike Payne 2 Rusty_Shackleford 1 joejoejoe 1 The Boourns 1 JoeDip 1 Fadel 1 garrettelliott 1 Toledo Joe 1 Danny D 1 curlyfries 1
Brandon Knight has recorded his ninth 20-point game tyingLindsey Hunter for second-most by a rookie. Grant Hill had 32 his rookie year.— PistonsPR (@PistonsPR) April 13, 2012