Raj Mehta-USA TODAY Sports
It should come as no real surprise that Pistons rookie Andre Drummond and second-year guard Brandon Knight have been selected to play in the 2013 NBA All-Star Rising Stars Challenge. The teams will be selected on February 7.
Rookie big man Andre Drummond and second-year guard Brandon Knight will represent the Pistons in the 2013 NBA All-Star Rising Stars Challenge, which airs live on TNT at 9 p.m. ET on Friday, February 15.
Nine rookies and nine sophomores will be mixed into a pool, from which TNT analysts Shaquille O'Neal and Sir Charles Barkley will draft the respective teams. This draft will take place on February 7 at 7 p.m. ET, also on TNT.
Last year was the first time this sort of thing was done with Greg Monroe and Brandon Knight playing in the game and being drafted to the same team. Team Chuck beat their Team Shaq, 146-133, but Monroe had 19 points, 10 rebounds, four assists and five steals, including this awesome one:
Knight had 14 points and seven assists.
Here are this year's players and notable omissions below from the dot com:
- Kenneth Faried (Denver Nuggets)
- Kyrie Irving (Cleveland Cavaliers)
- Brandon Knight (Detroit Pistons)
- Kawhi Leonard (San Antonio Spurs)
- Chandler Parsons (Houston Rockets)
- Klay Thompson (Golden State Warriors)
- Tristan Thompson (Cleveland Cavaliers)
- Nikola Vucevic (Orlando Magic)
- Kemba Walker (Charlotte Bobcats)
- Anthony Davis (New Orleans Hornets)
- Damian Lillard (Portland Trail Blazers)
- Harrison Barnes (Warriors)
- Bradley Beal (Washington Wizards)
- Andre Drummond (Detroit Pistons)
- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (Bobcats)
- Alexey Shved (Minnesota Timberwolves)
- Dion Waiters (Cavaliers)
- Tyler Zeller (Cavaliers)
- Isaiah Thomas (Kings, sophomore)
- Jared Sullinger (Celtics, rookie)
- Jimmy Butler (Bulls, sophomore)
- Derrick Williams (Timberwolves, sophomore)
- Terrence Ross (Raptors, rookie)
- Enes Kanter (Jazz, sophomore)
Where do you think Drummond will fall in the draft? Who would you like to see on Drummond's roster?