FanPost

Vincent Goodwill Chats about Pistons

Vincent Goodwill hosted an online chat for the Detroit News yesterday about the Pistons. Here are some excerpts:

12:04 [Comment From jackjack: ]
Vinnie - who starts at the 2 - kcp, stuckey or Chauncey?

Monday September 30, 2013 12:04 jack
12:04 Vinnie Goodwill: Hold your breath, Jack: Rodney Stuckey

My Comment: Until it doesn't work. So, for about a week.

12:04 [Comment From MJMJ: ]
Who are the players that will get significant time off the bench? Is Luigi Datome in the mix?

Monday September 30, 2013 12:04 MJ
12:05 Vinnie Goodwill: MJ: I think Datome/Singler will battle for minutes. Cheeks likes Bynum. Jerebko's an interesting case, as is KCP's adaptation to the pro game. Cheeks likes the competition

My Comment: Cheeks likes Bynum. Must be the Chicago connection.

12:13 [Comment From EhabEhab: ]
How deep of a rotation do you think Cheeks will utilize this year? I think we have 10 solid players but most teams like to keep it to 7 or 8.

Monday September 30, 2013 12:13 Ehab
12:14 Vinnie Goodwill: I think Cheeks will play 9 or maybe 10. You gotta think, Drummond is still 20 so playing him 35 minutes a night is still a stretch

My Comment: Only Drummond should keep Drummond from playing as many minutes as he can take.

12:27 [Comment From G from CinciG from Cinci: ]
would the Pistons serously consider moving Drummonnd or Monroe for Rondo or Gay?

Monday September 30, 2013 12:27 G from Cinci
12:27 Vinnie Goodwill: No

My Comment: From Goodwill's lips, to Dumars' ears.

12:27 [Comment From MikeMike: ]
A lot of people seem to be worried about the spacing with Smith, Drummond and Monroe even though they won't be on the floor together all the time, whats your take?

Monday September 30, 2013 12:27 Mike
12:28 Vinnie Goodwill: I think it's a concern if they're consistently on the floor together at the same time. Odds are they won't be. Drummond with a floor spreading second unit means he could be first to go to the bench, probably for a shooter. Problem solved

My Comment: Drummond running mostly with the Second Unit? So... a slimmed down Moose is the primary Center after all? I know it ain't Josh Smith. Hmm...

12:29 [Comment From dd: ]
are the pistons planning on using players nicknames on the back of the jerseys?

Monday September 30, 2013 12:29 d
12:30 Vinnie Goodwill: Mannion said he's more of a traditionalist and I sort of agree. I think if it's done, it'll be done once for one game and it'll be Heat/Nets or something

My Comment: Good. Less is more, here.

12:45 [Comment From EhabEhab: ]
Any chance KCP wins starting job in camp or do they want to take it slow with him?

Monday September 30, 2013 12:45 Ehab
12:45 Vinnie Goodwill: Cheeks is all about competition. If KCP beats out Stuckey, Cheeks won't hesitate to start him. Stuckey has a lot to play for this year, though

My Comment: Lots of coaches give lip service to competition. Let's hope this one actually plays his best players.

FanPosts are user-created posts from the Detroit Bad Boys community and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of all fans or the staff at DBB. The DBB staff reserves the right at any time to edit the contents of FanPosts as they reasonably see fit.

X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

Join Detroit Bad Boys

You must be a member of Detroit Bad Boys to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Detroit Bad Boys. You should read them.

Join Detroit Bad Boys

You must be a member of Detroit Bad Boys to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Detroit Bad Boys. You should read them.

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

tracking_pixel_9347_tracker