I'm not going to go through every single observation, but I will highlight a few things I noticed. Remember, this is just observations from a 3 quarter, 6 minute quarter scrimmage, so it is a very small sample size.
1. Greg Monroe is clearly the best player on this team. A lot of us knew this but he dominated in the scrimmage, he was playing center and going against Andre Drummond, Josh Harrellson, Jonas Jerebko, and Tony Mitchell. It didn't matter who was guarding him, he dominated them. I counted 15 points for him, but I could have miscounted. He knocked down a couple mid range jumpers too, and had a couple of nice assists.
2. Brandon Jennings is trying to draw contact and get others involved more. I counted 5 trips to the line for him in the game, including a nice and one. He had a couple of nice cross court passes, and was distributing more than he was shooting. Maybe he actually has changed as a player.
3. Josh Smith is still Josh Smith. He had a few nice drives to the basket, but still settled for a few long twos and threes, although he did knock a few down, it is not something we want to see.
4. GiGi can shoot. This is something a lot of people knew, but his shooting is impressive, it definitely looks like it has transitioned to the NBA. He couldn't miss in warm ups and knocked down a 3 in the scrimmage.
5. Still don't know who the stretch 4 will be. I didn't pay much attention to their defense, but Charlie V and Jerebko both knocked down some 3s, we will have to see in preseason who is shooting better, but I would give the edge to Jerebko.
6. Chauncey is still loved by everybody. No surprise here, he got a standing ovation when he came out to warm up and during introductions.
Just a few minor notes. Will Bynum looked just like last year, Peyton Siva did not play, and KCP was pretty quiet in the scrimmage. Feel free to ask about how players looked and I will do my best to tell you how they looked. If you disagree with my observations and were there, feel free to let me know. I'm not a player evaluation expert, but I tried my best to see how everybody looked, and tell people what I saw.