These are the roster changes I think need to happen in order for us to be successful with Stan Van Gundy.
1. Resign Greg Monroe. A low post scorer who can pass and grab rebounds. Can Stan Van Gundy create a system with 2 in and 3 out? If anyone can Stan can. Greg Monroe's passing ability can be huge in this system. If Monroe can improve on his 18 foot jump shot, look out.
2. Trade Josh Smith. He can't shoot (an essential in Stan's system), he's a bad locker room presence, and he just doesn't fit. Between him and Greg Monroe, it should be no contest. Greg Monroe is more skilled, and younger. A trade I would like to happen is Josh Smith for Danilo Gallinari straight up. That would be Ideal. Gallinari is a shooter, a fierce competitor, and an underrated passer.
3. Draft Nik Stasukas. First let me say I think KCP should be the starter, his combination of defense and shooting (although inconsistent) should get him the starting job. Draft Stauskas to be our second string 2 guard since stuckey is out. Probably the best shooter in the draft, and an underrated passer. Needs to improve his defense, but Van Gundy will improve that. We need shooting, he's the best at it.
4. Sign free agents Anthony Morrow and Jason Smith. Jason Smith? He is a good mid range shooter, he can compliment Monroe or Drummond if he's ever on the floor with them to spread the floor. Anthony Morrow is just one of the best 3 point shooters in the league, can never have enough shooting.
5. I'm guessing Jerebko picks up his option, and that Chauncey will retire.
PG: Brandon Jennings / Will Bynum / Peyton Siva
SG: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope / Nik Stauskas / Anthony Morrow
SF: Danilo Gallinari / Kyle Singler / Jonas Jerebko
PF: Greg Monroe / Gigi Datome / Tony Mitchell
C: Andre Drummond / Josh Harrlleson / Jason Smith