- The Basketball Jones podcast, Episode 061, further discusses the Zach Randolph trade rumors. Tas has the same question I do: why would Portland ship Randolph to Detroit for what boils down to a salary dump?
- Who's to blame for the this new microfiber ball fiasco? Would you believe, the wife of Houston Rockets owner Leslie Alexander?
- The Detroit MagicWhat can I say, they are my pet team this season. defeated Sac-town last night on a last-second three by Jameer Nelson. Before you ask, Darko: 4 points, 3 boards, 1 steal, 3 blocks, in 22 minutes.
The Chicago Tribune reports that Ben Wallace showed his 2004 championship ring to his Bulls teammates for the first time after last night's blowout win over the Celtics. Ben had this to say:
"This is the ultimate goal. That's what I'm in it for. That's what everybody else should be in it for. We shouldn't care about personal accomplishments."
After having only playing 18 minutes in a blowout win, Ben could've gotten pouty from his lack of burn. But it seems he had bigger things on his mind.
- Speaking of Ben, my feelings on his departure are fairly well known. But I'd be remiss if I didn't present the opposing viewpoint as well. Human Victory Cigar has done an artful job of presenting the flip side: that Ben Wallace was a loyal Piston for six years, gave the team its workmanlike identity, and deserves better than being lumped in with Larry Brown, Allan Houston, Grant Hill, and other turncoats. No, I'm not inclined to agree that Ben deserves a free pass. But I'm lawyerly enough to recognize the merits of both sides.
- Humorous: Mutoni is reconsidering the name of one of our favorite Knicks blogs, Bench Renaldo.
- TrueHoop's got video of an unbelieveable trick shot.
- Is Chauncey Billups the number 3 point guard in the NBA?
Layup drill: Zach Randolph edition
By Ian Cameron