- Bernie Bickerstaff reveals to the Charlotte Observer that Detroit has in fact called about Brevin Knight. Bickerstaff says Detroit has nothing that interests him, and the paper speculates that Bickerstaff would want a future draft pick or young player back in return. Ahem, Detroit might have two first-round picks next year (assuming Orlando's pick isn't in the top 5) -- don't rule out something happening here. (link via Full-Court Press)
- Al Harrington, whom Detroit stopped pursuing after signing Nazr Mohammed, has apparently narrowed his choices down to two teams: Indiana and Golden State.
- Another outstanding Pistons' Vegas Summer League game recap from Bad Boys Summer Camp.
- The image above? Apparently it's a postcard of an adidas advertisement from Taiwan featuring Chauncey Billups. (Edit: As DBB reader tedwick points out in the comments, the postcard is based on an American advertisement from 2004 that I just never saw.) (Edit No. 2: DBB reader Anne Chen confirms this is from Taiwan, and provides the translation: "The Magic Show by the Guard/Point Guard." Man, the internet rules.)
- Chauncey's big in Japan, too.
- Ben Wallace gives Jason Maxiell some advice before leaving: "The door's open for you now. Go play hard in summer league and come to camp next year ready to go to work."
- Former U-M Wolverine Daniel Horton latches on with the Miami Heat.
Tuesday’s Layup Drill
By Matt Watson