We're going old school with the title of today's link dump, but if the following make you want to get getting drunk and surly, sip away because Kevin's buying.
- Tip of the hat to (friend of DBB) Patrick Hayes for his recent series at It's Just Sports chronicling the Best of the Worst Pistons. And who received top bottom honors? The oh-so-versatile Michael Curry, who proved to be just as inept as a coach as we knew he was as a player. Who else made the list? Click over and see.
- Two big terrorist fist jabs to PistonsNation: this 1983 Car & Driver cover featuring a Bill Laimbeer, Kelly Tripucka and a Dodge Caravan will make your week (assuming, of course, you didn't see it last week, which is when he posted it -- better late than never, right?). Also, why Coke Zero has to be Austin Daye's new nickname.
- Also falling in the "better (really) late than never" category, Need4Sheed's interview with MF Will Bynum. Also of note: Will the Thrill is Bounce Magazine's current coverboy.
- Filed under: "Aw damn, do I really want to read this" category, a compelling argument from BBRef's Niall Paine that Rasheed Wallace still has plenty left in the tank. Brian Scalabrine's a believer, which might be the most dubious endorsement I've ever heard.
- Word on the street is that NBA teams will receive the 2009-10 schedule at some point today, and that it will be released to the public at 1 PM Tuesday.
- We're counting down the days at FanHouse with Tip-Off Timer. We kicked things off last week with an ode to the 1989 Pistons.
If the concept looks familiar, it's because it's a direct descendant of the DBB Countdown I introduced (and, well, eventually neglected) last year. But we have a lot of cool ideas in store -- hope you guys keep checking them out.