No more tired legs! Pistons roll out their 10-man rotation tonight in New Jersey. Let's shoot it around to take care of our six P's (prior practice prevents piss-poor performance).
- A Boston Celtics win has never been so gratifying. If only we could multiple the Heat's opening night loss by ... a lot. 0-1's not really a hole, but leave it to the Heat index to ask the question. The last team to go 0-1 and win the NBA championship? Our 2003-2004 Detroit Pistons. What's more groan-worthy is that the 1997-1998 Bulls started the season by losing to the Celtics, beat the 76ers in their next game and, then, much further down the road, won the NBA championship. Miami's next opponent? The 76ers. It's a good thing these patterns are as useful as a poopy flavored lollipop. (H/T @pistonpowered)
- The Suns got worked in the 4th quarter last night, which left Steve Nash seeking team "cohesion."
- My legs are getting so tired of season previews -- let the Pistons season begin! However, Chris Iott compiled all the previews you could possibly get in one setting. Yours truly makes a guest appearance.
- DBB's own handsomerob1 gives us his NBA/Pistons predictions over at Detroit4lyfe. If you want an NBA coach fired, ask Rob to put in a word -- he was perfect in predicting which coaches got canned last year.
- Chris Iott also informs us that Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva will headline the season preview show on Fox Sports Detroit before tonight's game. The show will include an interview of Rodney Stuckey given by the point guard who was drafted a slot higher than Stuckey seven years before him ... Mateen Cleaves!
- The Detroit News has your roster breakdown, but you've seen that before.
- Did the open competition in the preseason materialize? Patrick Hayes has his verdicts at Piston Powered. It's hard to argue that the opening night Pistons lineup doesn't include the five best Pistons from the preseason.
- As TDP pointed out in the FanShots, Adrian Wojnarowski predicts that Austin Daye will win the NBA's Most Improved Player award. Interestingly enough, the Pistons realistically have 4-5 players who could step up and make a run for this award. One of them already won the award in 2000-2001.
- Nice fresh look over at Need4Sheed and this photoshop of Jonas Jerebko & Arnie Kander is worth a ticket at the box office.
- If you're heading to the Palace at all this season, you might notice some changes.
- I wonder how LeBron feels about Justin Bieber getting an NBA championship ring last night. This is what photoshop competitions are for...
Share any other links you have in the comments. Chat it up, stretch it out and get ready for the 2010-2011 Pistons season. MFMP will be back later with the game thread. Odds after the jump.