I think it was George Washington Carver who coined the phrase, "treat others how you wish to be treated." But LeBron broke that golden rule on Friday night at The Palace. He went out and nearly racked up a triple-double* -- 16 points, 10 assists, and eight rebounds -- and barely broke a sweat. Total disrespect.
But you won't hear much about how LeBron and the Heat bullied the Pistons. You'll more than likely hear about how LeBron managed to get into it with an unoriginal, inquisitive fan and boorishly asked the fan to not be so disrespectful:
"Is your mom going to Boston for Valentine's Day?" a front-row Pistons fan yelled at him during a timeout at the start of the second quarter.
"I don't give a [expletive] what you say about me, don't be disrespectful," James said. "That's all I ask."
Gotta respect the disrespect in asking a fan to not be disrespectful! That'll stop 'em, LeBron.**
Anyway, the Pistons lost a
doozydozy. They were never really in it beyond the first couple minutes of the second quarter In fact, they were never closer than 14 after the four-minute mark of the second quarter -- a quarter the Heat outscored the Pistons 39-22 thanks to 65% shooting and 13 freebies.
I guess Ben Gordon was the best for the Pistons, scoring 16 on 6-13 shooting and grabbing a team-high (!) seven rebounds. Gotta respect the rebounding!
Gotta respect the jump
- *What kind of promotion do you think the Heat (should) run for triple-doubles? Most rec'd promotions (aka: funniest promotions that would never happen) may entice me to send you via PayPal the $1 I've been saving up for some curly fries.
- **Remember when LeBron told his mom to "sit your ass down" during a game and even Kevin Garnett was kind of taken aback by it? Give me a [expletive] break, LeBron. It's not like the fan said anything specific about your mom allegedly riding West. Maybe the fan was genuinely curious if your mom would make it to Bean Town for Valentine's Day. I've heard it is beautiful this time of year. Seriously, ignore all the stupid fans and just finish your freaking triple-double.
- I digress.
- In the last five games T-Mac's averaging just 2.8 assists (opposite 2.6 turnovers) and is shooting 40%. In January, he was averaging over 5 assists per game and 1.8 turnovers per game. He's taking more shots and distributing less. Still... respect.
- Austin Daye led the Pistons in scoring with 18 points on 6-13 shooting (3-6 from three-point range). Respect.
- Charlie Villanueva was 2-9 shooting in 20 minutes. His ankle must be bothering him, because he's having an extraordinarily rough stretch of late -- he's shooting 11-28 (39%) in the last five games, while averaging just 5.8 points and 1.8 rebounds (in 15 minutes) per game.
- Will Bynum had a flashy dunk... after a whistle. Gotta dunk it! Respect the milk.
- Gotta respect the Box Score
- Gotta respect the Roll Call WaveOcean, Packey, Mike Payne, bugman222, alaskanpistonsfan, dandresden, Skylar, The Boourns, Biz Markie Moon, heWizard, DBB Diablo, curlyfries, Trout Jefferson, Gabe F-B, Roll The Dyess, gordbrown, garrettelliott, Tenbatsu, Ctowne, Other Matt, Red Panda, -PS-, Kriz, brgulker, kenshi, JumpingBlob
Total Users: 26
Total Posts: 490
Total Threads: 1
Name # of Posts dandresden 73 The Boourns 64 Trout Jefferson 57 Mike Payne 57 bugman222 32 Biz Markie Moon 32 WaveOcean 32 Packey 27 Skylar 24 heWizard 16 Other Matt 12 kenshi 11 garrettelliott 8 alaskanpistonsfan 8 curlyfries 8 Gabe F-B 7 DBB Diablo 5 Tenbatsu 4 -PS- 3 Kriz 2 Ctowne 2 gordbrown 2 JumpingBlob 1 Roll The Dyess 1 Red Panda 1 brgulker 1
Gotta respect the completion