I don't have much to say about this game because I didn't see the first half (thanks, school), but isn't it just simply allegorical that the game which all but mathematically seals the Pistons' fate as a lottery team is the one in which last year's lottery pick absolutely goes off the (Moose p)reservation?
The No. 7 overall pick from the 2010 draft, Greg Monroe, was stupid-good in 32 minutes, dropping a career-high 27 points on 11-17 shooting (both career-highs) and grabbing 12 rebounds. And despite shooting 65-percent, Monroe displayed admirable modesty during the post-game by blaming the L on himself (assuming that's not an inside joke tweet). That's cool of ya, young fella', but this one's not on you. Monroe was exceptional and definitely at no fault in this one, all things considered.
What lost this game was a flat first half and a failure -- once again -- to close it out late after taking a lead. A-Daye hit a go-ahead jumper with 11-plus seconds left in the game, but the defense refused to stop the Pacers out of a timeout, as Danny Granger hit a crashing Rush for an easy, game-winning slam dunk shot. The Bad Boys era was likely rolling over in its metaphorical grave witnessing that soft, Chris Crocker defense.
Allowing Rush an easy dunk on the penultimate possession was not nearly as surprising as seeing Rodney Stuckey swallow a basketball whole on the ensuing one, and not leaving enough time on the clock for Isiah Thomas to come back and make a hasty inbounds pass in favor of Detroit and redeem himself for 1987.
So, with that, let's count our blessings with what we have in Monroe and our lotto balls.
- T-Mac had 16 points and 12 assists, but was 6-15 shooting. Maybe it's me being nitpicky, but his bad shots really stick out to me. Yeah, it's nitpicky. Good game, T-Mac; I'll shut up now about you.
- Stuckey had a very good game if you're not a stickler for six turnovers.
- It is impossible for Tayshaun Prince to make a shot when the ball is not going in the hoop. He's 0 for his last 12. Anything's possible.
- I saw wayyyy too much of Tyler Hansbrough while I was at college in North Carolina, so I'm none too pleased about him putting together quite possibly his best game as a pro against the Pistons. 21 points and 12 rebounds.
- Pistons shot 49% while the Pacers shot 44%.
- Ben Gordon is shooting well of late, despite still not seeing enough shots.
- Charlie V. only saw 4 minutes, missed both of his shots and is retweeting people who speak ill of Kuester on Twitter. Moving on.
- Box Score
- Roll Call JumpingBlob, Mike Payne, Toledo Joe, Kriz, JoeDip, Skylar, joejoejoe, kenshi, curlyfries, need4detroit, Trout Jefferson, dandresden, Roll The Dyess, Shinons, OK from J, Mac-, garrettelliott, Laughton, -PS-, thesiberian, heWizard, brgulker, Fadel, Gabe F-B, Packey, DBB Diablo, Biz Markie Moon, aussiegus, aussiepiston, Packfill, TDP, Thom not Tom Gores
Total Users: 32
Total Posts: 359
Total Threads: 1
Name # of Posts JumpingBlob 53 Mike Payne 40 Skylar 36 dandresden 30 Kriz 23 garrettelliott 21 heWizard 18 need4detroit 17 kenshi 17 JoeDip 15 Trout Jefferson 15 brgulker 12 Roll The Dyess 8 DBB Diablo 6 Laughton 5 -PS- 5 thesiberian 4 Gabe F-B 4 Biz Markie Moon 3 TDP 3 Toledo Joe 3 joejoejoe 3 aussiepiston 3 Shinons 3 aussiegus 2 OK from J 2 Fadel 2 Thom not Tom Gores 2 Packfill 1 Mac- 1 curlyfries 1 Packey 1