It's that time of year again. No, I'm not talking about the Pistons winning meaningless games and hurting their lottery odds (well, that happened, too, but I'll get to that later); I'm talking about the annual Pistons Care Telethon to benefit the Boys and Girls' Clubs in Michigan. While you were watching NCAA basketball all day (or doing whatever it is you were doing), the Pistons devoted their entire day, starting at 5 a.m. and including the game, to raise money for a fantastic cause. In all, the Pistons Annual Care telethon raised $351,110 equaling 7,022 memberships. Neato, gang.
But, yeah, the Pistons also won a game, 99-95 over the Knicks from New York, thanks to 54 bench points and holding Carmelo Anthony to six points on 2-12 shooting. The win was a really nice reward for the sell-out crowd. (Yes, a sell-out crowd!)
Six Pistons finished in double-figures. Prince led the way with 16 on 8-17 shooting and Chris Wilcox had to be the Terry Mills Unsung Hero and the MFMVP of the game with 13 points and 12 rebounds, including a stick-back slam dunk shot with about a minute to go to put the Pistons ahead for good.
Try making that face while clicking to read more after the jump ...
- Keith Langlois asked the question before the game and Pro Basketball Talk answered: the Pistons starting back court of Tracy McGrady (6'8") and Austin Daye (6'11") was the tallest in 24 years.
- Nice stat from Justin Rogers: Six points is the second-lowest point total in Carmelo Anthony's career in a non-injury game. He had five against Detroit in Jan., 2005. Really making the Pistons pay for picking Darko in those games.
- Stuckey followed up his 14 assist game with a negative-2 assists:turnover ratio, but was 6-10 shooting and had two steals.
- The teacher, Chauncey Billups had eight turnovers opposite four assists and was 4-10 shooting.
- Ben Gordon scored 10 on 4-7 shooting. He was worst at negative-eight plus-minus, one of three Pistons in that territory: him, Wallace and Prince
- Charlie Villanueva scored 14 points and was 4-6 behind the arc.
- Knicks only took 11 free throws.
- 26 assists and a season-high 14 steals.
- Pistons are five games out of the No. 8 seed with 13 games to play... They are two games up on Nets and are heading for the Clippers, who have lost two straight.
- Box score
Roll call and a big thanks to Trout for the preview: OK from J, SpursfanSteve, Trout Jefferson, Mike Payne, Thom not Tom Gores, garrettelliott, tads, need4detroit, bugman222, sozz, -PS-, Packey, dandresden, RoscoeJacksonJr, Danny D, curlyfries, jollyrogerwilco, Taiwanese Tora, Grant E., Sean W, Kriz, Biz Markie Moon
Total Users: 22
Total Posts: 255
Total Threads: 1
Name # of Posts bugman222 47 garrettelliott 42 OK from J 42 dandresden 35 RoscoeJacksonJr 15 -PS- 12 SpursfanSteve 10 Danny D 9 need4detroit 8 Packey 7 Taiwanese Tora 5 curlyfries 5 jollyrogerwilco 4 Trout Jefferson 3 tads 2 Kriz 2 sozz 2 Biz Markie Moon 1 Sean W 1 Mike Payne 1 Thom not Tom Gores 1 Grant E. 1