The Pistons had a 48-44 lead at the half and an early six-point lead in the third quarter, but the Warriors then went on a 16-8 run and never fell out of favor thereafter. Trailing by five early in the fourth, a 10-0 Golden State run all but officially put it out of reach.
Monta Ellis, sixth in the NBA in points per game, scored 17 second half points after being held to five in the first half, and he added seven assists. David Lee was the Warriors' leading scorer with 24 points on 12 shots. The Warriors shot 52-percent to Detroit's 42-percent.
Best performance on a pregnant team goes to Greg Monroe once again -- he had a game-high 25 points on 12 shots and grabbed eight rebounds.*
More after the break
- *It was mentioned in the comments, but I'll point it out again here: Greg Monroe had just one shot in the fourth quarter (he was blocked by Ekpe Udoh) and he turned it over once. Austin Daye and Tayshaun Prince combined for nine of our 16 fourth quarter shots (they made four).
- Happy Birthday, Betty White!
- Austin Daye made a shot and his season shooting percentage got worse. He is also now 0-13 on three-pointers this year.
- Michael Fassbender apparently could golf with his hands tied behind his back, says George Clooney
- Warriors beat the Pistons on the glass, 43-32, and scored 48 points in the paint to Detroit's 32.
- Skinny women + lots of curls + old age =
Tayshaun PrinceMadonna and Angelina Jolie
- Stuckey and Knight scored a combined 22 points on 7-for-19 shooting, had 11 assists, and 4 turnovers.
- Look at Jessica Alba
's realllly pretttty Gucci dress, you guys.
- Stephen Curry was out again due to his latest ankle injury. Villanueva was out due to Curry's ankle injury, too.
- Jonas Jerebko was the victim of David Lee's nice night and couldn't really get going on offense. He finished with six points and seven rebounds.
- Stop staring, Antonio.
- Ben Gordon had a relatively quiet 15 points on 6-for-12 shooting. He also had six assists opposite just one turnover.
- This from MLIVE:
Slick subs: The Warriors took advantage of the Pistons' depleted bench with huge advantages in almost every key bench comparison, from scoring (32-17) to field-goal shooting (52 percent to 20 percent), to rebounds (13-7), to steals (5-3), to blocked shots (4-1). The only statistical advantage the Pistons' bench had was in assists (10-6). The Warriors had three substitutes in double-figures but their ace sub was Ekpe Udoh, who had 10 points, six rebounds, three steals and four blocked shots.
- Pistons play again on Tuesday at Houston. 8 p.m. tip.
- Roll Call: Mike Payne, Roco, bugman222, dubzfan, tads, Toledo Joe, mcflies, freywagg, JWurm, madpoopz, Gabe F-B, curlyfries, MrHappyMushroom, halfbackattack33, Sean_Corp, Packey, aussiepiston, need4detroit, The Boourns, V., Kruza, dandresden, bearded thundar, Shinons*, Rban, Kriz
Total Users: 26
Total Posts: 213
Total Threads: 1
Name # of Posts The Boourns 29 Mike Payne 24 bearded thundar 24 madpoopz 21 dubzfan 18 bugman222 18 JWurm 18 tads 11 aussiepiston 7 V. 5 Kruza 5 need4detroit 4 halfbackattack33 4 Toledo Joe 4 Gabe F-B 4 MrHappyMushroom 3 mcflies 3 Shinons* 2 Packey 2 Rban 1 Kriz 1 Roco 1 dandresden 1 curlyfries 1 freywagg 1 Sean_Corp 1