The NBA season is finally here. A new year brings new optimism and expectations for Pistons fans and others around the NBA. Detroit enters a new home at Little Caesars Arena in downtown Detroit and a roster featuring two new starters.
But Detroit isn’t the only roster that has seen significant change. Every year the league completely remakes itself and the fanbases are full of the optimism of not having been proven wrong yet — a feeling Detroit fans know well.
Detroit Bad Boys has spent the past several weeks leading up to the season breaking down everything you’d ever want to know about the Detroit Pistons and the other teams in the league.
We wanted to provide one place where you could find everything conveniently organized for your browsing pleasure. After reading more than 100,000 words breaking down the NBA landscape, you’ll be fully prepared for the NBA season.
Season Preview Podcast
The Detroit Bad Boys Podcast is back with your intrepid host Ben Gulker, and we’ll be bringing you the latest and greatest in NBA news on a weekly basis. Make sure to subscribe to our podcast and take a listen to our season preview pod.
Odds and Ends
- Welcome to Detroit Bad Boys
- Official Detroit Bad Boys Acronym Guide and Glossary
- Detroit Pistons 2017-18 stats picke ‘em contest (win stuff)
- Pistons preseason by the numbers
- Pistons return to Detroit comes on 60th anniversary of orgiinal move to the city
- Little Caesars Arena will be an ‘awesome’ home for Pistons ... eventually
Breaking down the Rest of the NBA
Detroit Bad Boys broke down the offseason for every division in the NBA. You can find out the major changes and who became a contender and who became roadkill.
What the hell happened in the NBA this offseason?
- What the hell happened in the Atlantic Division?
- What the hell happened in the Central Division?
- What the hell happened in the Southeast Division?
- What the hell happened in the Northwest Division?
- What the hell happened in the Pacific Division?
Competitors for an Eastern Conference Playoff Spot
The Detroit Pistons are looking to launch themselves back into the playoffs, but they aren’t the only team with eyes on a new place in the postseason. With the Atlanta Hawks, Indiana Pacers and Chicago Bulls shifting into definitive rebuilds in a weak East, there are spots up for grabs. But there are still more teams than there are available spots.
DBB took an in-depth look at some of the teams fighting with Detroit for a playoff spot.
- Miami Heat team preview
- Charlotte Hornets team preview
- Philadelphia 76ers team preview
- Orlando Magic team preview
Breaking down the Detroit Pistons
With the loss of Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Marcus Morris and the arrival of Avery Bradley and Langston Galloway, the Pistons rotation and offensive distribution should be very different than it was a year ago. Detroit Bad Boys took a look at the position groups.
Position group breakdown
- An in-depth look at the Pistons point guards
- An in-depth look at the Pistons wings
- An in-depth look at the Pistons big men
Detroit Pistons Feature Stories
Pistons Tune-Up Series
A year after looking like a young upstart team that would be a playoff mainstay, the Pistons took a big step back last season. With new players that have different skill sets than the players they are replacing, and a young roster still developing, we needed to figure out what the players need to do to find more success. Detroit Bad Boys took a look at each player on the roster and determined three things each could do to help the Pistons get back into the playoffs.
Whether you’re a new fan to the Pistons or a longtime veteran, this is a great place to start to get a better sense of the Pistons roster.
- Pistons Tune Up: Andre Drummond needs to chill with the postups
- Pistons Tune Up: Reggie Jackson needs to play ... or not
- Pistons Tune Up: Stanley Johnson’s offense needs to be worhty of a startig job
- Pistons Tune Up: Tobias Harris should be the focal point of the offense
- Pistons Tune Up: Avery Bradley needs to shed injury prone label this season
- Pistons Tune Up: Ish Smith and the end of the point guard hierarchy in Detroit
- Pistons Tune Up: Langston Galloway checks the boxes
- Pistons Tune Up: Jon Leuer doesn’t stretch enough but that’s just fine
- Pistons Tune Up: Boban Marjanovic time is now; all hail Boban
- Pistons Tune Up: Anthony Tolliver and his ‘Tolliver effect’ sorely needed
- Pistons Tune Up: Reggie Bullock needs to capitalize on chances
- Pistons Tune Up: Luke Kennard is the shooter the Pistons need
- Pistons Tune Up: Henry Ellenson needs to get bigger and stronger
- Pistons Tune Up: Eric Moreland must rebound, block shots and that’s it
Pistons Player Previews
While the preview series gives you a quick look at each player on the roster, Detroit Bad Boys’ official player previews are the deep dive, in-depth look you need to understand each players’ strengths and weaknesses. This is for the hardcore Pistons fans who love 1,000 word breakdowns, advanced analytics and video breakdowns.
- Pistons Player Preview: It’s all been said about Andre Drummond
- Pistons Player Preview: Is Reggie Jackson worth all the trouble?
- Pistons Player Preview: Stanley Johnson’s third season could be make or break
- Pistons Player Preview: Give Tobias Harris the ***** ball
- Pistons Player Preview: Pistons need Bradley to live up to defensive reputation
- Pistons Player Preview: Ish Smith, starting point guard (sooner or later)
- Pistons Player Preview: Langston Galloway has true Pistons DNA
- Pistons Player Preview: Jon Leuer is the most essential least essential player on the roster
- Pistons Player Preview: Can Boban Marjanovic last with extended minutes?
- Pistons Player Preview: Anthony Tolliver isn’t afraid to shoot the long ball
- Pistons Player Preview: Reggie Bullock finally has his chance
- Pistons Player Preview: Luke Kennard is ready for the rotation
- Pistons Player Preview: Despite emerging offense, defense will limit Henry Ellenson’s minutes
- Pistons Player Preview: Eric Moreland is better than your average 15th man
That’s it. That’s all 50 stories you can read to get you ready for the start of the NBA season. Let’s go to work.
Did you read all 50 stories that were a part of DBB’s season preview?
This poll is closed
Yes, of course!
LOL, are you nuts!