The NBA world was stunned when the Los Angeles Clippers and Detroit Pistons pulled off a blockbuster trade that saw Blake Griffin sent to Motown. I would say you could catalogue the tweets into a couple distinct categories:
- How Blake Griffin could fit in Detroit
- Why SVG needs to get fired for mortgaging the future in an attempt to save his job
- A sigh of relief that the Clippers can do a proper rebuild
- A sigh of relief that Avery Bradley is no longer a member of the Detroit Pistons
- Complaints that LA did Blake dirty and how the NBA is a cruel ass business.
But, really, you only need two reactions to process this deal — Blake Griffin and his ex-teammate Matt Barnes. At least, that and all of the #content Detroit Bad Boys is providing you on this very website and on Twitter.
First up, Blake Griffin
Next up, Matt Barnes
Alright, one bonus reaction from everyone’s favorite Dad Joke turned into incompetent social media user Paul Pierce. While everyone was sharpening their takes and honing their jokes when the news broke, Pierce reacted exactly like my uncle would if he ran into a random athlete on the street.
Wow Blake Griffith what y’all think about that trade looks like Clips about to blow that team up wonder what’s next .Will DJ b next what about Lou Will share ur thoughts— Paul Pierce (@paulpierce34) January 29, 2018
You do you, Paul Pierce.