The Detroit Pistons season is finally here and there’s no better place to celebrate than Detroit Bad Boys. As excited as everyone is, there’s a note of worry in the air as star Blake Griffin is sidelined until at least early November with hamstring and knee issues. The team says it’s just being cautious as the season is a marathon and not a sprint but damn ...
With Griffin out, the Pistons will look to some new faces to provide a little more offensive punch than the team has had at its disposal the past few years. Derrick Rose’s dynamic attacking game replaces Ish Smith’s fun but offensively challenged game off the bench. Tony Snell and his 40% 3-point shooting takes over starting small forward duties from Stanley Johnson and tonight Markieff Morris will try and fill a little of the void left in Griffin’s absence. Though he’s probably a better bet to do something with the opportunity than Jon Leuer would last season.
There is also a returning presence who could provide a spark — Luke Kennard. I wouldn’t mind seeing him go off for 30-plus tonight.
Where: Banker’s Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, IN
When: Wednesday, Oct. 23 at 7 p.m.
Watch: Fox Sports Detroit
- We have 35 pieces in our season preview package, including in-depth player previews for everyone on the roster (and Joe Johnson!). Read it if you have not made yourself acquainted.
- Ku says the Pistons should add Kennard to the starting lineup with Blake out. — Detroit Bad Boys
- Preview from Indy Cornrows
- How Joe Johnson helped Christian Wood make Detroit Pistons — Detroit Free Press
- Please dunk on this Bob Wojnowski column with an acceptable premise (Drummond and Pistons should part), but litters it with inaccuracies that prove he doesn’t actually watch the games — Detroit News