DETROIT BASKETBALL Eve - what a lovely day it is. Before the regular season tips off, and before any actual Pistons content is discussed, Matt and I revisit the Luke Kennard trade. Kennard signed a four-year, $64-million dollar extension with the Clippers, so why did Detroit have to chip in four second-round picks to “incentivize” Los Angeles to take him?
We also take a look at some of Detroit’s acquisitions this offseason and discuss what we expect from them moving forward including Mason Plumlee, Delon Wright and local favorite, Josh Jackson.
Some of the other topics discussed include
- Dzanan Musa waived before given a shot to perform
- The importance of depth during the pandemic
- Defensive length in the halfcourt
- The wing rotation — Who plays? Who gets left out?
- Whether or not we believe Detroit will be the worst team in the league this season
And as always, make sure to follow Inside The Cylinder on Twitter - @InsideTheCylndr, and to subscribe to the Detroit Bad Boys podcast where you’ll find all of our new episodes.