The Detroit Pistons lost to the Milwaukee Bucks 126-106 and it wasn’t even really that close. Let me start with the good things about this game:
- The Pistons lost, which helps their draft position
- Bruce Brown continues to rebound and get minutes at point guard for trial by fire
- Christian Wood showcased some versatile offense in garbage time
- Svi had a cool dunk off one foot.
- Jordan Bone made the first two 3s of his NBA career.
That’s it. That’s the list. Actually, to be honest, I’m shocked I came up with five things because this was 48 minutes of almost constant torture.
This game was absolutely horrendous. At one point midway through the second quarter the Pistons trailed the Bucks 46-23 and had one more field goal (10) than they did tunovers (9). Meanwhile, the Bucks were scoring effortlessly in the paint, in the mid-range and along the perimeter.
I’m not sure a player broke a sweat en route to a 30-plus point lead. Giannis Antetokounmpo and Khris Middleton combined for 61 points and 24 rebounds. The Pistons were led by Wood with an 18-point, 11-rebound double double and Brown with 16 points on 7-of-10 shooting, 10 rebounds and seven assists. I’m still not sure he’s a point guard, but the Pistons should certainly force feed him minutes so they can find out if it’s a possibility going into next year.
The rebuild is here and it is spectacular.