The Detroit Pistons face one of the league’s best teams on the road in high altitude on the second night of a back-to-back. This one could get ugly. To make matters even worse, the Pistons will be without rookie point guard Killian Hayes, who is sitting out as a precaution as the team works him back into the lineup after he missed significant time with a hip injury. Hayes played his best game against the Oklahoma City Thunder, notching 9 points, a team-high 7 assists and four steals.
The game will feature Jerami Grant and fellow former Nugget Mason Plumlee, who sat out last night’s game against the Thunder for rest. The Nuggets, meanwhile, could be without star guard Jamaal Murray, who is listed as questionable. Murray has been nursing a sore right knee, and was seen wearing a wrap around the knee during warmups in Denver’s most recent game.
When: 9 p.m. EST
Where: Pepsi Center, Denver, Colorado
Watch: Bally Sports Detroit
Odds: Pistons +14
Detroit Pistons (15-35)
Saben Lee, Josh Jackson, Saddiq Bey, Jerami Grant, Mason Plumlee
Denver Nuggets (31-18)
Monte Morris, Will Barton, Michael Porter Jr, Aaron Gordon, Nikola Jokic
- Game preview from Denver Stiffs — Denver Stiffs
- Keeler: Is Aaron Gordon a better fit for Nuggets than Jerami Grant? Ask us in June. In the NBA Playoffs. When it counts. — The Denver Post
- Detroit Pistons sign Tyler Cook to NBA contract with non-guaranteed 2021-22 option — Detroit Free Press
- How does the NBA play-in tournament work? Dates, projections and rules explained — ESPN
- The Laker Girls in Cleveland? Meet the Teddi-Bears, the Cavaliers’ doomed dance team — The Athletic